The objective of CECAPI is to promote and to develop the collective and common technical, industrial, economic and political interests of the European electrical installation equipment manufacturing industry. To that effect CECAPI shall carry out, alone or in collaboration with third parties, activities and steps that are deemed appropriate and useful. CECAPI shall in particular, but not limited to, develop the following activities.
- promote the electrical installation equipment manufacturing industry, its expertise, its values and its contribution to the European and the world economy.
- monitor the regulatory, economic and technical developments at European and global level of interest to the electrical installation equipment manufacturing industry and disseminate the information among its members.
- liaise with the European institutions and other national and European stakeholders to advocate the interests and contribution of the European electrical installation equipment manufacturing industry with regard to safety, competitiveness and growth.
- participate as stakeholder in the formulation, adoption and implementation of European policy, legislation and regulation of interest to the electrical installation equipment manufacturing industry.
- promote European and IEC standards all over the world.
Full Membership is limited to National Associations, representing all or part of the CECAPI industry in their country and be established in a member state of the European Union or in a candidate country of the European Union or in a country of the European Free Trade Association.
They must be legally constituted and operate in accordance with the laws of their country of origin.
National associations that are only engaged in trading and distribution are excluded from full membership.
Associate Membership is open to companies which must be a member of at least one Full Member Association except if there is no National Association in the country where the company is based. Associate Member companies must have a registered office in a member state of the European Union or in a candidate country of the European Union or in a country of the European Free Trade Association. Companies that are only engaged in trading and distribution cannot be Associate Members. Associate Member Companies must have R&D activities or production activities within Europe related to equipment and components within the scope of CECAPI.